Installation Technician II
About the Role
- WHO WE ARE
NPi Systems, the sales and installation division of NPi Audio Visual Solutions, is a full-service audio-visual integrator serving Ohio and surrounding states. NPi Systems can design, install, and service any size of project from a simple board room set-up for virtual meetings to college arenas and stadiums. Our highly certified industry experts and installers share a vision to help people achieve their technology driven goals and is a long-term partner for organizations of all sizes. As authorized dealers for the most respected brands in the industry, we continue to support the purchase long after the sale.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Installation Technician 2 will perform installation tasks on NPi Systems contracted projects including, but not limited to: cable pulls, cable terminations, install system equipment and components, rack systems and fabrication per project directives and requirements, coordinating with the Lead Technician or Project Manager ensuring projects achieve time, scope, budget, quality, safety, and customer satisfaction requirements. The Installation Technician 2 could be expected to lead and direct installation crews on less complex projects per project directives and requirements by coordinating and reporting progress to the Project Manager.
• Perform installation tasks as noted in job summary based on project scope and directives.
• Demonstrate job site leadership and oversee Level 1 Technicians quality of work.
• Read and interpret project system schematics and architectural/construction blueprints.
• Use hand and power tools to terminate various connectors (XLR, Coax, CAT, Phoenix, NL, etc.), mount equipment (racks, TVs, projectors, speakers, acoustic panels, etc.), and various other related tasks.
• Test point to point cabling and functionality of systems.
• Track, manage and secure all associated equipment and tools on jobsite.
• Work with Lead Technician, Site Superintendent, or Project Manager to initiate return material authorizations as needed.
• Communicate daily job site status to the Lead Technician or Site Superintendent.
• Act as customer liaison on site per project scope and directives - direct on-site change requests to Lead
Technician, Site Superintendent, or Project Manager for confirmation and direction.
• Communicate and coordinate with other trades on site.
• Perform client training as needed.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Effectively communicate with employees, customers, and colleagues.
Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
Ability to work and think independently to ensure meeting deadlines.
Intermediate computer knowledge.
Knowledge of complex wiring configurations and/or signal flow for audio, video, control, network.
Knowledge and use of specific test equipment for required applications.
Knowledge and application of industry installation safety codes and standards.
Ability to lead site teams on smaller sized projects.
OSHA 10-Hour construction course certification required or ability to obtain within first 90 days of employment.
OSHA personnel lift certification course required ability to obtain within first 90 days of employment.
High school diploma or GED required.
Valid Driver’s License and a motor vehicle record that meets NPi standards.
The ability to obtain formal approved clearances (government, client, or system specific).
Minimum of 3-5 years of audiovisual installation experience required.
Formal education in audio visual, electronics, or related field preferred.
Valid and current AVIXA CTS General Certification preferred.
Specific industry and manufacturer training / certifications.
Items to Consider:
NPi reserves the right to alter work hours and work location, as necessary. Work hours may vary based on client requirements. Some overnight travel is required, up to 8 hours from headquarters with weekly stays. Home on weekends.
This position will work on customer sites and will occasionally deal with a construction site work environment. The employee will be responsible for their safety while on job sites and comply with all safety regulations in place by the general contractor or customer. Use of PPE is required on job sites and is provided by NPi when necessary.
The employee will typically spend at least 80% of their time on their feet and is required to be mobile around the job site. The employee must have the ability to climb ladders, use stairs, use equipment and personnel lifts to 80 feet, and move materials up to 75 pounds.
The individual is regularly required to use computers, keyboards, test equipment, and controls required for installation projects.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth vision.
Excellent hand-eye coordination as well as dexterity is required.
Join the Team
• Full company paid medical benefits for the employee, including vision and dental.
• Discounted spousal and family medical benefits available.
• Generous 401K matching program.
• Paid holidays, sick days, and personal days.
• A company provided cell phone and laptop.
• Company provided vehicles.
• Training and professional development opportunities.