About the Role
- WHO WE ARE
NPi Systems, the sales and installation division of NPi Audio Visual Solutions, is a full-service audio-visual integrator serving Ohio and surrounding states. NPi Systems can design, install, and service any size of project from a simple board room set-up for virtual meetings to college arenas and stadiums. Our highly certified industry experts and installers share a vision to help people achieve their technology driven goals and is a long-term partner for organizations of all sizes. As authorized dealers for the most respected brands in the industry, we continue to support the purchase long after the sale.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Installation Superintendent is responsible for performing a wide variety of installation duties on large technology projects for our clients. This position is the key field position for on-site direction of work on our clients’ projects. The Installation Superintendent coordinates closely with project management, operations, building contractors, owners, and others to manage all on-site installation activity.
This position is a combination of a senior installation technician and a project manager focused on the installation activity on the job site. This position does not directly manage personnel (direct reports) but does manage the personnel on site and ensures the installation occurs on time, safely, with no interruptions. This position is key in working with sales, project management, and installation staff to resolve roadblocks for successful completion. This position is also responsible for ensuring the highest quality of installation work and upholding NPi installation standards in accordance with AIVXA standards. Although this position will do some actual installation work it is mostly focused on site management. This position will be responsible for performing tasks on clients’ job sites with no direct supervision. This position requires the highest level of technical aptitude and people skills along with great communication and management skills.
• Job site supervision of all installation teams and work; communication of daily job site status to sales, project management, and operations; completion of required job documentation, as built documentation, customer and project changes, etc.
• Customer liaison on site per project scope and directives – direct on-site change requests to project management for confirmation.
• Communicate and coordinate with other trades on site.
• Read and interpret project schematics and architectural/construction blueprints.
• Track and manage all associated equipment and NPi owned tools on jobsite.
• Act as NPi safety manager for all activities on job site.
• Initiate necessary changes required to complete installations safely, within scope, and on time.
• Coordinate equipment rentals such as lifts, heavy power tools, etc.
• Coordinate equipment and materials deliveries with operations and warehousing.
• Work with project management and operations to initiate return material authorizations as needed.
• Work with sales, project management, and operations to initiate orders for changes and necessary materials.
• Support engineers or programmers with programming changes.
• Perform client training as needed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Demonstrated ability to lead teams on large, complex projects.
Effective communication with employees, customers, and colleagues.
Ability to work and think independently and ensure to meet deadlines.
Advanced computer knowledge.
Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
Expertise in complex wiring configurations and/or signal flow for audio, video, control, network.
Control system programming changes and troubleshooting capabilities.
Expertise in use of specific test equipment for required applications.
Knowledge and application of industry installation safety codes and standards.
Valid and current AVIXA CTS general certification required. OSHA 10-Hour construction course certification required. OSHA personnel lift certification course required.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Valid Driver’s License and a motor vehicle record that meets NPi standards. CDL preferred.
The ability to obtain formal approved clearances (government, client, or system specific).
Minimum of 7 years in audiovisual, electronics or related industry installation experience required.
Confirmed project site lead role experience.
Formal education in audio visual, electronics, or related fields preferred. AVIXA CTS-I Certification Course.
OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course Certification Experience with project management and CRM software.
Industry specific and manufacturer training or certifications
Items to Consider:
NPi reserves the right to alter work hours and work location, as necessary. Work hours may vary based on client requirements. Some overnight travel is required, up to 8 hours from headquarters with weekly stays. Home on weekends.
This position will work on customer sites and will typically deal with a construction site work environment on a regular basis. The employee will be responsible for their safety while on job sites and comply with all safety regulations in place by the general contractor or customer. Use of PPE is required on job sites and is provided by NPi when necessary.
The employee will typically spend at least 80% of their time on their feet and is required to be mobile around the construction site. The employee must have the ability to climb ladders, use stairs, use equipment and personnel lifts to 80 feet, and move materials up to 75 pounds in construction areas.
The individual is regularly required to use computers, keyboards, test equipment, and controls required for installation projects.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth vision.
Excellent hand-eye coordination as well as dexterity is required.
When not on construction sites, the employee will experience normal office conditions and be required to use office equipment such as computers, peripherals, copy machines, plotters, etc.
Join the Team
• Full company paid medical benefits for the employee, including vision and dental.
• Discounted spousal and family medical benefits available.
• Generous 401K matching program.
• Paid holidays, sick days, and personal days.
• A company provided cell phone and laptop.
• Company provided vehicles for out-of-town travel.
• Training and professional development opportunities.